A fantastic recipe for kids and adults alike! Vary the fruits to whatever the child likes. I found this on the Martha Stewart web site while I was trolling for a recipe for something else. What an exciting idea!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup fat-free buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 lb unsliced dense white bread (like pullman) or 1 lb egg bread, crusts removed and cut into 1-inch cubes (challah)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 pint fresh blueberries
- 1/2 pint fresh raspberry
- 2 bananas, sliced
- warmed maple syrup (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- 2Place a rimmed baking sheet in the oven to warm.
- 3In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, buttermilk, salt, and vanilla.
- 4Stir in bread.
- 5In a large saute pan set over medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons butter.
- 6Place half of the bread mixture in pan; cook, turning occasionally with a spatula, until browned on all sides.
- 7To keep warm, transfer to the oven.
- 8Cook remaining bread in the remaining 2 tablespoons butter as before.
- 9Thread bread cubes onto skewers alternating with blueberries, raspberries, and banana slices.
- 10Serve immediately with warmed maple syrup, if desired.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for French Toast Kebobs
Serving Size: 1 (390 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 645.4
- Calories from Fat 231
- Total Fat 25.7 g
- Saturated Fat 11.2 g
- Cholesterol 453.5 mg
- Sodium 1498.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 81.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.6 g
- Sugars 18.2 g
- Protein 22.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: