- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup softened butter (unsalted)
- 1 cup oil
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 4 cups flour (all purpose)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl. In another small bowl combine the softened butter with the oil, the beaten eggs and vanilla. Incorporate into the dry ingredients.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Roll into 1 inch balls. Mash down with a glass dipped in granulated sugar. Give 1 1/2 inches between cookies to allow them to spread out when baking.
- Bake at 375°F till edges turn lightly tan. Cool before removing from cookie sheet.