Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Here is how to make a French Quiche Lorraine. It tastes excellent and is easy and fun to do. Watch video http://lifestylewebtv.com/2013/02/18/how-to-make-a-french-quiche-lorraine/
- 1. First, as the bacon is quite salty, you may want to rinse it for a less salty taste.
- 2. Next, remove all excess fat and hard parts from your smoked bacon.
- 3. Then, dice the bacon into small equal pieces.
- 4. Next, roll out your dough onto a sheet of plastic wrap. This will allow you to flip it into your pan without breaking the dough. Gently turn over the dough into tart pan.
- 5. Press the dough into the edges. Make sure that all of the dough is flattened into the pan so that it does not bubble-up.
- 6. Next, place your smoked bacon into a frying pan and cook until golden.
- 7. Prebake your dough in the oven on convection bake at 400 degrees F. for 5 minutes, or according to package directions on pre-made dough.
- 8. Now cut your Gruyere into smaller pieces and grate it.
- 9. Then, crack your eggs into a bowl. Depending on the size of your Quiche, you may need 5 or 6 eggs.
- 10. Sprinkle some pepper on top. Because the smoked bacon is already very salty, it is not necessary to add salt.
- 11. Pour in cream and beat slightly with a fork.
- 12. After sprinkling a small layer of your grated Gruyere into your pre-baked crust, add your cooked smoked bacon on top of it.
- 13. Pour your mixed eggs and cream on top of the bacon.
- 14. Now add a thick layer of grated cheese on top, but save a small amount for later.
- 14. Then, it’s time to sprinkle on some nutmeg, to your taste.
- 15. Now place your Quiche into the oven on convection bake at 400F for 20 minutes. Do not open the oven unless the top of the quiche is brown. If that is the case, cover it with a tin foil.
- 16. Once you see your pie is starting to rise, sprinkle the remaining Gruyere on top of it. About 2 tps.
- Bake for the remaining cook time, which is 20 minutes.
- 17. Once you remove your quiche from the oven, it should look all puffy like this.
- 18. Let it cool down until your quiche flattens and voila! Your quiche may be served cold or warm.
- Bon appétit!