Prep 1 hr
Cook 30 mins
A crusty topping of parmesan cheese and onion soup mix adds lots of flavor to these rolls. Great with soup or a salad.
- 2 (1 lb) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope onion soup mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- Divide the bread dough into 20 portions; shape each into a ball.
- In a bowl, combine the parmesan cheese and soup mix.
- Place melted butter in another bowl.
- Roll each ball in butter, then in the cheese mixture.
- Arrange in a greased 13-in.x 9-in.x 2-in. baking dish.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm.
These are really good! The only thing is they are quite strongly flavored. So they need to be served with appropriate food. I served them with steak and they tasted great but I could see them overshadowing less flavorful foods. Thanks for submitting them though! They are excellent!!