Recipe by Chumleyathome
If your kids don't like their veggies, try this. You will have to cook them as fast as you can because they will be gone as fast as you can make them. Just don't tell them they're having greenbeans with their "pancakes". This is also good with broccoli and cauliflower, my favorite!.
- 1 -1 1⁄4 lb fresh green beans
- buttermilk pancake mix
- oil (for frying)
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Heat oil in deep fryer to 375 degrees. You could use a heavy pot on the stove top with about 2 inches of oil in it. You want the beans to float and not be crowded.
- Wash the greenbeans and dry them well. Snip the ends but leave them full length.
- Prepare pancake mix per instructions on the box. You will need about 3 cups of the mixture.
- Dip the greenbeans in the batter mixture and put them in the hot oil. Put them in one at a time so they don't "glue" together but you can do quite a few at a time. Cook them until they are golden brown.
- Remove cooked beans from oil and drain on paper towels. While they are still hot sprinkle them with the parmesan cheese.
- Place the beans on a cookie sheet in the preheated oven while you cook the remaining beans. Try not to leave them in the oven for too long as the batter will start to get soft. Usually mine don't make it to the oven because they get eaten before they get that far.