Recipe by Tebo
A quick and tasty mussel dish. The juices must be sopped up with a good french bread. Serves 4 but 2 can handle it with no problem usually.
Top Review by Sallyann
Absolutely fantastic. Living on Cape Cod, we have access to many mussel beds and I can't wait until late Spring and Summer to go "musselling" and invite family over for a feast. Don't change this recipe one iota.
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 14.79 ml minced garlic
- 453.59 g can diced tomatoes
- 118.29 ml minced parsley (or cilantro)
- 236.59 ml dry white wine
- 1814.36 g cleaned mussels
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in 8 quart pot and cook garlic and onion until browned, about 5 minutes Add tomatoes, parsley and pepper and cook 2 minutes.
- Add the wine and cook another 2 minutes.
- Add mussels, toss well, cover and cook 3 to 4 minutes stirring occasionally Serve in a bowl with crusty french bread to soak up the juices.