This recipe was given to me by my German mother in law.however I have had this before and it was named French Chicken.it is the most divine and flavoursome recipe, I have eaten in my entire life.But you definately need the capers,so don't be afraid to use them.ENJOY!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 liter beef stock or 1 liter chicken stock
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken breasts
- 1 (14 ounce) can white asparagus (chopped in 1inch pieces)
- 1 (14 ounce) can champignon mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 egg yolk, beaten with some water
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 4 tablespoons margarine
- salt and pepper, to season roux
- 1cook the chicken breast by placing in heated stock for around 20min.
- 2remove breast and set aside(chop into 1inch pieces when cool).
- 3in a separate medium saucepan combine flour and margarine to form a roux and season.
- 4gradually add stock while continuously whisking.
- 5add asparagus, champignons, and capers.
- 6add lemon juice.
- 7add egg yolk and stir vigorously.
- 8add chicken and stir gently and simmer for 10minutes.
- 9serve with rice.
- 10this recipe does not freeze well.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for French Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (660 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 497.5
- Calories from Fat 263
- Total Fat 29.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 156.1 mg
- Sodium 1205.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 45.3 g