Recipe by andianaplus3
This recipe was given to me by my German mother in law.however I have had this before and it was named French Chicken.it is the most divine and flavoursome recipe, I have eaten in my entire life.But you definately need the capers,so don't be afraid to use them.ENJOY!!!
- 1 liter beef stock or 1 liter chicken stock
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken breasts
- 1 (14 ounce) can white asparagus (chopped in 1inch pieces)
- 1 (14 ounce) can champignon mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 egg yolk, beaten with some water
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 4 tablespoons margarine
- salt and pepper, to season roux
Directions See How It's Made
- cook the chicken breast by placing in heated stock for around 20min.
- remove breast and set aside(chop into 1inch pieces when cool).
- in a separate medium saucepan combine flour and margarine to form a roux and season.
- gradually add stock while continuously whisking.
- add asparagus, champignons, and capers.
- add lemon juice.
- add egg yolk and stir vigorously.
- add chicken and stir gently and simmer for 10minutes.
- serve with rice.
- this recipe does not freeze well.