Prep 40 mins
Cook 15 mins
I used to belong to a Dinner Club. Every month a hostess would pick out a theme and we would all bring dishes with that theme. This is my favorite from those dinners. Prep time includes initial cooking of chicken and sauce.
- 6 chicken breast halves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 shallots, peeled
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons chives, chopped
- Season chicken breasts and saute 20 minute.
- Preheat oven to 500.
- Sauce--- melt butter and add flour stir constantly.
- Gradually add milk.
- When smooth add salt and pepper.
- Let thicken and turn off heat.
- Place chicken in large covered casserole Set aside.
- Squeeze shallots and garlic through press into sauce.
- Add chives and stir throughly.
- Pour over chicken-- cover and bake 500 deg.
- for 15 minute.
Excellent. Flavor was great. I used a couple tablespoons of chicken broth to add flavor while sauteing. Anything the kids will eat is a hit in my book.