Recipe by Derf
This was so good I couldn't resit posting it. It was on a little ticket attached to the asparagus I bought, grown in Mexico. Quite different and quite delicious!! I tweeked it to suit our tastes. (One hour chill time not included in cook time)
Top Review by LorenLou
This asparagus was delicious, if you could snag a piece that had breading on it! I had big problems trying to keep the breading on, and mainly wound up globbing the now wet breadcrumb mixture onto the asparagus prior to refrigeration. I would have given 5 stars for flavor, if not for this problem - did I do something wrong?
- 1 lb fresh asparagus, snap tough ends off
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3 tablespoons oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat egg and mix with cold water.
- Mix crumbs, salt, cheese and paprika together.
- Dip asparagus in egg mixture then in crumb mixture, then in egg mixture again.
- Chill one hour.
- Heat oil in frypan,'til very hot but not smoking.
- Add breaded asparagus, fry, turning frequently until golden brown.
- Should be fried quickly, so the outside is browned but the asparagus is still crisp.