1/2 Photos of French Breaded Asparagus
This was so good I couldn't resit posting it. It was on a little ticket attached to the asparagus I bought, grown in Mexico. Quite different and quite delicious!! I tweeked it to suit our tastes. (One hour chill time not included in cook time)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Beat egg and mix with cold water.
- 2Mix crumbs, salt, cheese and paprika together.
- 3Dip asparagus in egg mixture then in crumb mixture, then in egg mixture again.
- 4Chill one hour.
- 5Heat oil in frypan,'til very hot but not smoking.
- 6Add breaded asparagus, fry, turning frequently until golden brown.
- 7Should be fried quickly, so the outside is browned but the asparagus is still crisp.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for French Breaded Asparagus
Serving Size: 1 (162 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 213.0
- Calories from Fat 127
- Total Fat 14.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 58.3 mg
- Sodium 795.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 8.3 g