Recipe by HeatherFeather
If you have ever wished you knew how to make homemade frozen chicken fingers, ready to pop into the oven straight from the freezer - here is a recipe for you. Make several batches of these and store them in freezer bags - you don't need to thaw them to cook them. The amount of servings varies based on how thinly your cut your chicken strips - usually about 3-4 strips per chicken breast half, and usually 3-4 chicken breast halves come out to one pound. To make these kid friendly, you may leave out the hot sauce.
Top Review by CuddleBug10k
These are the best chicken fingers I have ever had. They have lots of flavour and are crunchy on the outside. Make sure you cook these in the oven on some parchment paper, otherwise they stick. The only problem I had was the next day the cornflake topping wasn't really sticking to the chicken fingers, so I might add an egg next time to help it stick better.
- 1 cup crushed corn flakes cereal (measure after crushing)
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast half
- 1⁄3 cup prepared blue cheese dressing or 1⁄3 cup ranch salad dressing, plus more for dipping
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1 -2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (such as Lousiana Hot Sauce or Crystal's or to taste) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Line a cookie sheet that will fit into your freezer with foil and have ready to go.
- Mix together cornflakes, parsley, and salt in a shallow dish.
- Mix together the 1/3 cup dressing, water, and hot pepper sauce to taste in a large mixing bowl.
- Cut each chicken breast into several long strips, trimming any fat.
- Drop the chicken strips into the wet mixture and stir to coat well.
- Roll each chicken strip (one a a time) into the crumbly mixture, coating well.
- Set each coated strip onto the foil lined pan, leaving a little space between each.
- Freeze until firm- approximately 2 hours or so.
- (Once frozen, you can store in a freezer bag for 1 month), then store in airtight freeezer containers.
- When ready to serve, preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Set frozen chicken fingers in a single layer on a lightly greased foil lined jelly roll pan (or large cookie sheet with sides)- approx 15x10".
- Bake 18-20 minutes from frozen until no longer pink inside and outside is golden.
- Serve warm with a bowl of dressing for dip.