This frosting recipe is great because you can make it up to two months ahead of time and keep it in the freezer, ready for use on your favorite cake or cupcakes. Double the recipe to use one batch right away and freeze the rest!
My Private Note
cups fr ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large mixing bowl, cream shortening, 1 cup of sugar, vanilla and salt.
- 2Add the rest of the sugar gradually alternating with cream and whip until desired consistency.
- 3Place in a freezer bag and freeze up to 2 months.
- 4Thaw before planning to use.
- 5Will frost a sheet or 2 layer cake or 2 dozen cupcakes.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Freezer Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (856 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1182.8
- Calories from Fat 470
- Total Fat 52.2 g
- Saturated Fat 23.9 g
- Cholesterol 108.6 mg
- Sodium 225.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 181.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 176.6 g
- Protein 1.6 g