I found this recipe in the Chicago Tribune. It's based on a recipe from "Mushroom", by Alastair Hendy. Bravo, Alastair! I've made two servings at once, but I think anything more than that should be made in batches. I subbed half-and-half for the whipping cream, for a slight calorie saving. Use whatever mushrooms you like - I used oyster, shiitake and button. Use fresh herbs in this dish, because of the short cooking time. Even parsley would be preferred to dry herbs.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lasagna noodles or 2 egg roll wraps
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 ounces fresh mushrooms (cremini, shiitake, porcini, oyster)
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 4 tablespoons whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1Clean the mushrooms, removing the stems, and slice 1/4 in thick.
- 2Cook the pasta or egg roll wrapper in boiling salted water. Remove and drain, unfolding them if they stick or clump together.
- 3In a large skillet, heat the olive oil and butter over medium-high heat until the butter melts and the foam subsides.
- 4Add the mushrooms and cook, without stirring, until they are browned on one side 2 to 4 minutes. Sprinkle with the rosemary, salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 3 minutes. Remove to a plate or small bowl.
- 5Return the skillet to medium heat. Pour in the cream and add 2 tbl of the Parmesan, stirring constantly, just until the cheese melts. Remove from the heat and season with salt and pepper.
- 6Dip the pasta or wrapper quickly into the sauce, turn to coat. Place on serving plate. Scatter the mushrooms over it.
- 7Dip the remaining pasta/wrapper and drape, slightly askew, over the mushrooms. Drizzle with any remaining sauce and sprinkle with remaining Parmesan.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Free-Form Lasagna With Wild Mushrooms and Parmesan Cream
Serving Size: 1 (239 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 682.3
- Calories from Fat 472
- Total Fat 52.5 g
- Saturated Fat 25.7 g
- Cholesterol 125.9 mg
- Sodium 361.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 15.8 g