Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
I took a recipe off of a bag of Kraft Marshmallows and revised it to work with the ingredients I had on hand. This is the results. I would recommend cutting it into small squares. It is very rich and a little goes a long way!!!
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) boxdry yellow cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 3 cups mini marshmallows
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter chips
- 1⁄2 cup mild chocolate chips
- 1 cup roasted peanuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Mix the cake mix, butter and egg until well blended; it will be a stiff, dough like consistency.
- Press onto bottom of a lightly greased 13x9 baking dish.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Sprinkle marshmallows on top of crust.
- Mix peanut butter and chocolate chips and sprinkle on top of marshmallows.
- Sprinkle nuts on top of chips.
- Place back into the oven and bake and additional 2-3 minutes, or until marshmallows begin to puff.
- Cool completely and cut into small squares.
These are great and very rich! I did add some white chocolate (or vanilla) chips to this as well. Really satisfies the sweet tooth!
Love them! I cut the recipe in half, and used marshmallow creme instead of marshmallows. Also I didn't have peanut butter chips, but they still turned out delicious, thanks for sharing!
Loved these bars! Easy to prepare and really balanced sweet, chewy, salty, and crunchy taste sensation. Thanks for posting---we will be having these often, I am sure.