Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a cheesy-delicious vegetarian lasagna that's surpringsly easy to make!
- 12 lasagna noodles (not no-boil)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 16 ounces frozen chopped spinach, Thawed & Drained
- 1 large egg, Beaten
- 15 -16 ounces ricotta cheese
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese or 3⁄4 cup romano cheese, Divided
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese, Shredded
- 1 pinch nutmeg, Freshly Grated
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- salt & pepper, To Taste
- 4 cups tomato sauce, homemade or jarred, your choice
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook lasagna noodles to al dente, about 8 minutes.
- Drain noodles & hang to dry separately (so they do no stick to one another).
- Heat olive oil with garlic in a saucepan until garlic is fragrant & sizzling.
- Add thawed & drained frozen chopped spinach and cook for a few minutes.
- Remove spinach from heat and allow to cool.
- Mix together beaten egg, ricotta, goat cheese, ½ cup Parmesan or Romano cheese, 2 cups of mozzarella, cooled spinach & garlic and salt & pepper.
- Spread bottom of 9 x 13 inch baking dish with about ½ cup of tomato sauce.
- Lay down 3 lasagna noodles, lengthwise, next to each other but not overlapping.
- Spoon a third of the cheese/spinach mixture onto noodles and spread out onto noodles.
- Spoon ½- ¾ cup of tomato sauce on top of cheese/spinach mixture.
- Repeat with another 2 layers of noodles, cheese/spinach mixture and sauce.
- On top of the fourth & final noodle layer, spoon out the rest of tomato sauce and top with remaining 1 cup of mozzarella and ¼ cup of Parmesan or Romano.
- Bake in pre-heated oven, uncovered, for 40 minutes.
- Allow cooked lasagna to cool for 25 minutes before cutting and serving.