Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
Former "Miss India", model and anchor Manpreet Brar was the "Guest of the week" today(and for this week) on Mirch Masala, Star Plus. I'm sure all those who watched the show have learnt this - Manpreet said that she is a vegetarian, eats alot(she wont step out of the house without a 3 egg omelette!) and exercises. That is the key to her fitness and great shape;) She said she loves to make snacks and desserts because these are quick and easy to fix foods which she likes because she doesnt like spending too long over the stove:) She spoke well, looked incredible and shared this recipe with the viewers. She said she makes this whenever her friends' drop in and now she has to find a new snack to please them:) I haven't tried these, but I can bet these are very good.
Top Review by Miss Annie
This was a very nice change for me. If you like garlic, you will love this recipe. I made this exactly as directed, and I was not dissapointed in the result. I did use fresh ground pepper, maybe a teaspoon. A very easy dish to make. I will use this one again I am sure.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- 300 g mushrooms, washed and drained
- 1 tablespoon red wine (You could use sherry/dry wine as a substitute)
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- parsley, to garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove the stems of the mushrooms and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add garlic and stir-fry till the raw smell is gone.
- Add mushrooms, salt to taste, red wine/sherry and mix well.
- Simmer on low flame for 20 minutes till the mushrooms are golden brown.
- Sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper.
- Garnish with freshly chopped parsley.
- Serve immediately.