Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I came up with this when rummaging in the freezer. There were no chickens, or chicken parts, just a package of prepared chicken fajitas from the little carneceria down the street. The butcher there fixes something special every day to take home for dinner.
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1 1⁄3 lbs chicken, fajitas
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1.5 (15 1/4 ounce) cans water
- 1 (4 ounce) canortega chilies (good) (optional)
- Sprinkle rice into the bottom of a casserole dish.
- Combine mushroom soup with water and pour over rice.
- Place chicken fajitas and Ortega chilies, if used, on top of mixture.
- Cover and cook for 2 hours at 350.