Recipe by Kim D.
Found this recipe in the "Flavors of Fredricksburg" cookbook. It's so easy to prepare!
Top Review by Miss Annie
This dish was so easy to prepare and cook. The flavor was creamy and pleasing. I used one can of low fat soup and one regular can of soup, and it turned out very well. I used chicken breasts with bones, so I cooked the rice for 30 minutes before adding the chicken and remaining sauce. I cooked the chicken breast for 40 minutes, and the meat turned out moist. I will make this dish again. Thanks for sharing it!
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 large chicken, cut into pieces
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 0.5 (1 1/4 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place rice in the bottom of a large greased casserole dish.
- In a mixing bowl, combine both cans of soup with water.
- Pour some of the soup mixture over the rice and let stand a few minutes.
- Place chicken pieces on top of rice.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour remaining soup on top.
- Top with remaining dry onion soup mix.
- Cover, put in the oven and forget about it for about 1 1/2- 2 hours.