Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Found this recipe in the "Flavors of Fredricksburg" cookbook. It's so easy to prepare!
Make and share this Forgotten Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place rice in the bottom of a large greased casserole dish.
- In a mixing bowl, combine both cans of soup with water.
- Pour some of the soup mixture over the rice and let stand a few minutes.
- Place chicken pieces on top of rice.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour remaining soup on top.
- Top with remaining dry onion soup mix.
- Cover, put in the oven and forget about it for about 1 1/2- 2 hours.
This dish was so easy to prepare and cook. The flavor was creamy and pleasing. I used one can of low fat soup and one regular can of soup, and it turned out very well. I used chicken breasts with bones, so I cooked the rice for 30 minutes before adding the chicken and remaining sauce. I cooked the chicken breast for 40 minutes, and the meat turned out moist. I will make this dish again. Thanks for sharing it!
This was made on a day that I really didn't want to make dinner. It was a snap to make. About 10 minutes in the kitchen and dinner was on the table in two hours without slaving over the stove. It was nice to have the meat and the side-dish together, so there wasn't alot of mess to clean up after. I've made this in the past and lost the recipe. I'm very greatful to have an old favorite back in my recipe box.
So easy to fix and the rice was the best I have ever ate. I followed the directions and it turned out great. I would not change a thing