1/1 Photo of Forevermama's Garlic Cheesy Bread (Just Like Takeout)
2 hrs 25 mins
These are addictive! This is a from scratch recipe for cheesy bread that is DELICIOUS and fun to eat and not hard at all to make. Why spend money on cheesy bread takeout when you can make it yourself for a lot less and it's just as delicious if not better. My 3 year old niece who happened to be over couldn't stop eating it and kept on asking for more. I kept on munching away myself. Yummy!
My Private Note
pizza c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 (1/4 ounce) packet active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups bread flour (refer to note below) or 3 cups all-purpose flour (refer to note below)
Cheesy Bread Topping
- 1Measure warm water into a measuring cup, stir yeast and honey into warm water to dissolve. Cover with plastic wrap and let sit for about 10 - 15 minutes until bubbles form and mixture starts to foam.
- 2Add the yeast mixture into a large mixing bowl, preferably a stand mixer.
- 3Pour in oil and add salt. Add half the amount of flour and mix.
- 4If using a stand mixer, use the kneading hook until flour is fully incorporated. If kneading by hand, knead hard for about 10 minutes or more. Flour should be fully incorporated. Add additional flour incrementally, bit by bit until the dough is pliable and slightly tacky. When you touch it, it shouldn't stick to your hands like goo, but just slightly tacky.
- 5Once this stage is reached, turn the mixer on high and knead for about 6 minutes. If kneading by hand, knead hard for a good 20-25 minutes or until the dough is smooth and easy to work with. Note that once dough is in the kneading process, you may need to add a bit of additional flour, (this depends on the weather and humidity level in your home). The dough should be smooth and easy to work with and not stick to the bowl, but rather separate from the bowl, leaving it clean.
- 6In a separate clean bowl, oil it lightly. Add the ball of dough to the bowl and lightly grease the top of the dough so it won't dry out.
- 7Cover with plastic wrap and wrap a couple of towels around it to help it double. Let rise for about 1 - 2 hours or until double in size.
- 8Preheat oven to 450 degrees fahrenheit.
- 9Prepare 2 pizza stones by lightly greasing and flour. An up-side down cookie sheet maybe substituted for the pizza stone.
- 10Mix butter and garlic in a small bowl and set aside.
- 11Roll pizza dough to shape it into a 12" circle. Place pizza dough on prepared pizza stone.
- 12Dot garlic/butter mixture evenly over both dough's and spread evenly with the back of a spoon or with the balls of your fingers, being careful not to tear the dough. Top with cheeses.
- 13At this point you may want your dough to rest and rise a bit more. If yes, cover loosely with plastic wrap and let sit for about 30minutes to 1 (or more) hour, or you may place it directly into the oven.
- 14Bake about 10 to 15 minutes or until bubbly and golden. Remember to slightly lift the edge of pizza dough to make sure that it is cooked on the bottom as well. If pizza topping is browning too quickly before pizza is fully cooked, cover top loosely with aluminum foil with shiny-side down.
- 15Remove from oven and cool for 2 minutes before cutting into pizza sticks. Serve hot alongside some marinara sauce for dipping.
- 16NOTE: Though all purpose flour can be used, bread flour is preferable for it's chewy stretchy quality. All purpose flour reaps a good product as well, but it will be more crunchy than chewy as a pizza dough should be.
- 17Any cheese of your choice can be substituted for the mozzarella, I've used muenster, monterey jack and/or a combination. The best result in flavor was when I used a bit of smoked gouda; I don't believe you'd want to use too much of it because it will overpower this bread.
Browse Our Top Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Forevermama's Garlic Cheesy Bread (Just Like Takeout)
Serving Size: 1 (73 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 14
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 215.5
- Calories from Fat 91
- Total Fat 10.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 24.6 mg
- Sodium 519.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 8.0 g