Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Carrots and oranges go together like... well, carrots and oranges. They're an amazing pair. Hide the nutrition in carrots by blending them up with sweet mandarin and vanilla for a snack high in beta-carotene. <br> OPTIONAL: Freeze peeled bananas to use instead of ripe ones for a creamy treat!
- 1 cup yogurt (vanilla or plain are best)
- 1⁄2 cup frozen orange juice concentrate or 1 1⁄2 cups orange juice
- 2 large carrots (washed first, do not peel)
- 1 1⁄2 bananas
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges in juice
- 1⁄3 cup water (if needed)
- Grate carrots on a cheese grater until there is 2/3 cup or more.
- Peel bananas, break into chunks.
- Measure all ingredients except water, and blend on high until smooth.
- If smoothie is too thick or having trouble blending, add more water, up to 1/3 cup.