Recipe by FoodWorks
Carrots and oranges go together like... well, carrots and oranges. They're an amazing pair. Hide the nutrition in carrots by blending them up with sweet mandarin and vanilla for a snack high in beta-carotene. <br> OPTIONAL: Freeze peeled bananas to use instead of ripe ones for a creamy treat!
- 1 cup yogurt (vanilla or plain are best)
- 1⁄2 cup frozen orange juice concentrate or 1 1⁄2 cups orange juice
- 2 large carrots (washed first, do not peel)
- 1 1⁄2 bananas
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges in juice
- 1⁄3 cup water (if needed)
Directions See How It's Made
- Grate carrots on a cheese grater until there is 2/3 cup or more.
- Peel bananas, break into chunks.
- Measure all ingredients except water, and blend on high until smooth.
- If smoothie is too thick or having trouble blending, add more water, up to 1/3 cup.