Recipe by Celeste :)
An Italian cheese, fontina has a mild, nutty taste. Swiss cheese offers a delicious alternative for this hearty salad.
- 2 1⁄2 cups dried bow tie pasta (about 6 oz.)
- 2 cups cantaloupe, chunks (and or or or honeydew chunks)
- 3⁄4 cup cubed fontina (3 oz.) or 3⁄4 cup swiss cheese (3 oz.)
- 1⁄3 cup poppy seed salad dressing
- 2 cups watercress, stems removed
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Rinse with cold water. Drain again.
- In a large bowl, toss together pasta, melon, and cheese. Pour dressing over pasta mixture, tossing gently to coat. (If desired, cover the salad and chill in the refrigerator up to 24 hours.).
- To serve, stir watercress into pasta mixture.