Recipe by Midge Plourde
Denis and I have had the most wonderful evenings with friends over our fondue pot. Lots of wine and great conversations. Some evenings lasting 4 or 5 hours. Hope you will all try this recipe and enjoy it as much as we do!
Top Review by FrackFam5
We loved this. Added more garlic as suggested and it was perfect!! Served it with chicken, beef tenderloin, Mahi Mahi, crimini mushrooms, baby potatoes and broccoli. We ate to our hearts content and had to keep adding water to the pot once the extra broth was gone. We had 5 big appetites. We'll need to double the recipe next time. VERY DELISH.
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (I use 4-5)
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons fresh ground pepper
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans nonfat beef broth (I use Campbell's sodium reduced- fat-free broth)
- 0.5 (750 ml) bottle dry white wine or 1 cup water
- 2 cups water
- 1 (1 ounce) package French onion soup mix
- 0.5 (8 ounce) bottleof heinz seafood sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all the ingredients in your fondue pot, and simmer for 1 hour.
- When you are ready to start, bring the broth to a boil.
- We usually have thinnly sliced beef (Chinese fondue beef), large raw tiger shrimp, scallops, portabello mushrooms, and chicken.
- Of course, you can have what ever meat and vegetables you wish.
- Guten apetit!