Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a simple and basic Focaccia recipe. Focaccia is an Italian flat bread which is used as a side to many meals, as a base for pizza or as sandwich bread.
- 453.59 g frozen bread dough, thawed
- 44.37 ml olive oil
- 14.79 ml fresh rosemary, minced or 4.92 ml dried rosemary
- 177.44 ml parmesan cheese
- 6 kalamata olives, pitted, quartered
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drain, cut in strips
- 2 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 0 sprig fresh rosemary (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Place dough in a bowl.
- Add 1 Tbsp olive oil and minced rosemary.
- Season with salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste.
- Knead dough until all ingredients are combined.
- Roll dough out on to a lightly floured baking sheet and press dough into 12x9" rectangle. Rub 1 Tbsp olive oil over the dough.
- Press fingers firmly into the dough in various places to relieve bubbling on the surface of the bread (Large bubbles may ruin Focaccia).
- Sprinkle 1/2 C Parmesan over; press gently into dough.
- Bake until bread is almost cooked through and cheese begins to brown, about 12 minutes.
- Arrange olives, tomatoes and garlic atop bread.
- Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan over bread.
- Drizzle remaining 1 Tbsp olive oil over.
- Top with rosemary sprigs.
- Continue baking until cheese melts and bread is cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Cut into squares or wedges and serve.
Updating previous review
This was a nice and simple bread to make for quick dinner. Loved it with my pasta and meatballs. Nice switch up from garlic bread. I love cheese and next time I would only add a little more.
This is such a cool idea. Making this gave me many ideas for different kinds of foccacia to make like this. The only thing that I did differently was to omit the olives as I am not a fan of them.