1/2 Photos of Focaccia with Mixed Herbs
My Private Note
15 1/2 ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package active dry yeast
- 1/4 teaspoon unbleached cane sugar
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 3 1/2 cups unbleached flour or 3 1/2 cups bread flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- to taste mixed herbs (oregano, basil, garlic powder, sage, marjoram and rosemary)
- to taste red pepper flakes, crushed
- salt & pepper
- 1Dissolve yeast and sugar in 1 cup warm water and set aside until bubbly about 10-15 minutes.
- 2In a food processor, combine flour, salt, 1 T. olive oil, and yeast mixture, processing until dough pulls away from the sides to form a ball.
- 3Knead dough on a floured surface until smooth, about 5 minutes.
- 4Place a little olive oil in a bowl, place dough in the bowl, give it a twist, turn the ball over to coat the other side, cover, and let rise for 1 hour or until doubled.
- 5Punch dough down. Transfer to a floured surface and stretch dough to fit a 15 1/2 x 10 1/2 inch pan. Lightly grease the pan, transfer dough to the pan, and stretch as needed to fit. Using your fingertips make "dimples" across the top of the dough.
- 6Brush remaining olive oil over the top of the dough, sprinkle with desired amount of each herb, a few crushed red pepper flakes, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 7Allow to rise uncovered for 30 minutes.
- 8Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes or until slightly golden brown.
- 9Cut as desired.
Browse Our Top Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Focaccia with Mixed Herbs
Serving Size: 1 (799 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2096.9
- Calories from Fat 529
- Total Fat 58.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1185.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 337.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.7 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 48.0 g