Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
This gourmet recipe is courtesy of Chef April Moon, from the Flying Biscuit Cafe in Atlanta, Georgia. It will be the best low-fat muffin you have ever had!
- 1 1⁄4 cups mashed ripe bananas
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 4 1⁄2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 2⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Lightly grease a dozen muffin tins or line with paper cups.
- Place bananas, sugar, yogurt, melted butter, vanilla, and eggs together in a large mixing bowl and beat with a wooden spoon until smooth.
- In a second bowl sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and mix until just combines.
- Do not overmix, or the muffins will be tough.
- Fill muffin cups three-quarters of the way full.
- Bake for 25 to 35 minutes.
- A toothpick inserted in the center of the muffins will come out clean when they are cooked.
- Remove from the oven and cool slightly before eating.
Great way to use the old bananas. I wanted something I could slice smaller than muffins, so I tried it in a loaf pan. Turned out great!! I used Splenda instead of sugar and had to use salted butter, didn't seem to matter, taste was wonderful and was done as a loaf in about 1 hour. Thanks for sharing.
Very yummy! I did add walnuts.
Great recipe, so moist and everyone really loves them