I'm a cream cheese frosting lover and have been looking for the perfect lower fat/cal frosting that doesn't taste low fat. After trying many recipes and experimenting on my own I think I've finally come across one that fits the bill. It should come out nice and fluffy and not too sweet (I don't care for overly sweet frosting) although one can always add more sugar. I use two packages of Neufchatel Cheese (1/3 less fat cream cheese). It would probably also be good with one package Neufchatel cheese and one light cream cheese. I wouldn't suggest using both light cream cheese, and certainly would not suggest fat free cream cheese. This recipe yielded enough to frost two 8x11 sheet cakes very thickly.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream butter and cream cheese.
- 2Add Splenda then slowly add 21/2C powdered sugar. Beat until combined.
- 3Add vanilla and milk one tbsp at a time, beating on high until fluffy and glossy. Add more sugar/milk as needed until desired taste and consistency is reached.
- 4Frost your goodies generously!
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fluffy Creamy Cream Cheese Frosting (Lower Fat/Cal)
Serving Size: 1 (52 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 164.8
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 25.4 mg
- Sodium 124.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 18.5 g
- Protein 2.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: