Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I made this for a neighbor, who loves Bananas, I never tried it myself, but she said it was excellent. It is light and low fat, and really easy to make.
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 (15 ounce) can pineapple chunks in juice
- 1 (6 ounce) envelope gelatin powder
- 2 egg whites
- Tie a double band of waxed paper around a 2 1/2 cup souffle dish, to come 2 inches above the rim.
- Peel and chop one of the bananas and place it in a blender or food processor with the cottage cheese. Process until smooth.
- Drain the pineapple, reserve the juice, and set aside a few pieces for garnish. Add the rest to the mixture in the blender and process for a few seconds, until finely chopped.
- Dissolve the gelatin in 1/4 cup of the reserved pineapple juice. Stir the gelatin quickly into the fruit mixture.
- Whisk the egg whites until they hold soft peaks and fold them into the mixture. Turn the mousse mixture into the prepared dish, smooth the surface and chill until set.
- When the mousse is set, carefully remove the paper collar and decorate with the reseved banana and pineapple.