Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Taken from the book The Balanced Plate by Renee Loux. This is what she says,"This homemade version of expensive tincture formulas sold in natural food stores has quite a kick! It stimulates circulation and really stands up to an assault on the immune system."
- 1⁄2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 -2 garlic clove (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup finely shredded fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons wasabi powder (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (to taste)
- 2 -4 tablespoons raw honey
- Mix the vinegar, garlic (if using), and ginger in a blender and blend till smooth.
- Pour through a sieve or strainer and press with the back of a spoon to extract as much juice as possible.
- Throw away the pulp.
- Whisk in the wasabi, cayenne, and honey.
- Store in a glass jar in the refrigerator.
- Serve 2 tablespoons at a time on an empty stomach.
- Add to 1 cup hot water for a warming tonic.
I only used the cayenne (doubled it) and no wasabi but considering my tolerence for spicy that was just fine for me lol. I took two servings last night and i have the rest in the fridge waiting for me to wake up a bit more. It could be a combo of the cold/flu meds (which ive been taking for days) and this but last night i was accually able to fall asleep so this is a five star recipe as far as im concerned. thanks sharon!