Recipe by Suzy-Q Cooks
Source is unknown, but probably a low carb venue
Top Review by cj2 Johnson
I gave this recipe 0 stars because I think it is posted incorrectly. When I read this I thought WOW that is alot of chocolate so I printed it, then pulled it up again on the site to make sure I was reading it right. 12 ounces of unsweetened chocolate and 6 T of cocoa. HMMMMM. Well I had my doubts but I proceeded and it turned out like bitter dirt. It was a very expensive mistake. I am pretty sure it is supposed to be 2 ounces of unsweetened chocolate. I may try it again with only 2 and come back with a different review but if you make this as is, it is not good. I threw it directly into the trash. Just wish I could get a refund. 8 eggs and all of that chocolate was not cheap.
OK, I went back and tried this recipe again using only 2 ounces of unsweetened chocolate and I substituted margarine in place of butter just in case it turned out bad again. This time it was very different. It is a very good recipe. I really enjoyed these brownies. well as much as you can enjoy something with no sugar or flour. It is definately a keeper. I HIGHLY recommend using only 2 ounces of the unsweetened chocolate though. Someone really should correct the amount of chocolate. It is very expensive to make and throw away as it it listed.
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups Splenda granular (sugar substitute)
- 4 large eggs
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 6 tablespoons cocoa
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt the chocolate and butter together on stovetop or in microwave.
- Add the splenda, eggs, egg yolks, vanilla and cocoa, stirring until well blended.
- Pour into a 9 X 13 inch pan (spray with vegetable spray and dust with cocoa).
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes.