Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A tasty and elegant fish dish with a pleasant hint of sherry flavoring
- 8 ounces baby shrimp (cooked)
- 1 egg (slightly beaten)
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon chives
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 16 ounces flounder fillets
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash white pepper
- Preheat oven to 300.
- Mix shrimp, egg, and 1/4 cup milk.
- Melt butter skillet.
- Saute chives for 1 minute.
- Add flour and cook until bubbly.
- Add shrimp mixture and cook until thickened. Split flounder, either by making a pocket or cutting them in half.
- Fill pocket with shrimp mixture; close with toothpicks.
- Pour remaining milk and sherry over fish. Sprinkle with seasonings.
- Bake at 300 for 30 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
Very tasty. My only change was to use eggbeaters instead of whole egg and turbot instead of flounder. I think this one is a keeper.