Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Healthier chicken wings that are baked, not fried, but still delicious. Prep time doesn't include marinading time because you can marinate 10 minutes to 24 hours.
- 1 cup light soy sauce
- 1 cup rice wine
- 1 cup water
- 10 green onions, trimmed and sliced into 2 inch pieces and then smashed lightly
- 10 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed lightly
- 2 -3 inches ginger, peeled,cut into chunks and smashed a bit
- 3 lbs chicken wings, rinsed and drained
- Combine all ingredients, except chicken wings, together in a saucepan and heat to boiling; reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes, then let cool slightly.
- Cut the wings by slicing the drumettes from the rest of the wing (I leave the tip on, some people like those) and place the pieces in a bowl and pour the warm marinade over them; marinate for several hours or, preferably, overnight, in the fridge.
- Preheat your oven to 500°; line a jelly-roll pan (cookie sheet with sides) with foil (I use that new, nonstick foil, it's great), spray with non-stick spray, and arrange the wings in a single layer, use an extra sheet if necessary.
- Brush wings liberally with marinade then roast for about 40 minutes, turning once, until the wings are cooked and crispy brown at the edges.
- You can serve these hot, cold or room temperature and they're delicious, or serve as part of a main meal with rice and a vegetable.
Delightful! Definitely a keeper. Note: I baked mine at 450 instead of 500. 500 is a bit too high.