Recipe by Annacia
Gifts or fridge. Uses: on grilled chicken, fish, lamb, steamed vegetables such as broccoli & cauliflower*
Top Review by rosie316
I made this compound butter yesterday, and kept it in the fridge over night. The flavor got VERY strong. I'm not sure of the 'type' of pepper that I used (I just know that it was red, about 2" long and skinny). I used the bottom 1/3 portion of it (which I had seeded, about a teaspoon, diced). WOW! I used this butter this evening to make a small plate of home-made fried potatoes (I was just wanting a small bite of something). This was very tasty, but a bit to strong of heat for me (and I like hot stuff). I'm trying to figure out another use for this. Maybe I will add it to a stir-fry of some sort... that sounds good. When I figure out what is next, I will let you know. Thanks for posting a creative compound butter idea. (Made for PRMR).
- 141.74 g butter, unsalted
- 1 long red chili, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, pounded till smooth
- 1.23 ml maldon salt (Maldon or Fleur de Sel are very nice but not required)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all until smooth and store in refrigerator.
- FOR GIFT:.
- Wrap each butter roll in foil and then tissue paper, twisting the ends like a sweet wrapper.
- Add a label with the flavour.
- Include suggestions for uses or recipes and bundle together in a gift basket.