Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I got this recipe from my mom. I don't like fluffy dumplings, but these are flat and I love them.
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- Mix together 1st four ingredients.
- Then mix eggs with milk and add to mixture to form dough.
- Roll out on floured surface about a 1/8 inch thick and cut into desired strips.
- Boil in a broth of your choice for 10 minutes with lid off, then finish for 10 minutes with lid on.
- Eat and Enjoy!
I think this is an easy recipe for flat dumplings. My family likes the flat to the plump.I on the other hand like a doughy dumpling. tnx
Just what the doctor ordered. My family loves a good flat dumpling - we used for chicken and dumplings. Thanks for the post.
This is a great recipe, just like Mom used to make. I also like the fluffy ones but these are more filling. They go great with beef and gravy to. Thanks again.