Recipe by Bergy
Easy, tasty very impressive dessert. Prepare this dessert in front of your guests it only takes a few minutes from start to enjoying it The secret to igniting the rum is to just have it warmed not boiled or you will evaporate all the alcohol and it won't ignite. This is a Mexican dessert and if from Better Homes & Gardens "Cooking Mexican". It is perfect served over Vanilla Ice Cream but you may have it on it's own
- 6 firm ripe bananas, peeled, bias cut (Apprx 3 cups)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, tightly packed
- 1⁄3 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons coffee liqueur
- 5 tablespoons rum
- vanilla ice cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Measure everything out ahead of time.
- Toss the sliced bananas in the lemon juice to stop them from discoloring, set aside.
- Melt the butter/margerine in a 10" skillet, stir in the brown sugar, orange juice & lime juice.
- Cook, stirring, over medium heat for apprx 4-5 minutes or until the sauce is syrupy.
- Add bananas, gently stir and just heat through-3 minutes.
- Stir in the coffee liquer and transfer to a heated chafing dish or a heated dish. Place it on the Serving table.
- Heat rum in a small skillet over low heat - only warm it.
- Remove from heat and at the table ignite it and pour the flaming rum over the bananas.
- Immediately serve over Vanilla Ice cream or on it's own - Enjoy.