- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup chilled vegetable shortening
- 3⁄4 cup cold 2% low-fat milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425°F In large bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. With pastry blender, cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Stir in milk until dough holds together. Knead gently about 1 minute. Roll dough 1/2 inch thick.
- With 2 1/2- to 3-inch biscuit cutter, cut dough. Place 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned.