Recipe by daisygrl64
Warm flaky, melt in your mouth biscuits. Land-o-Lakes Cookbook
Top Review by Cynny
Excellent recipe! I joined so I could make a comment. Very easy and came out perfect..I took a hint from another recipe and PATTED down the dough rather than ROLL it and they came out the flakiest I ever made! Great job!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup shortening
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk
Directions See How It's Made
- heat oven to 425*F.
- in large bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt. cut in shortening until crumbly.
- stir in buttermilk just until moistened.
- turn dough onto lightly floured surface; knead until smooth.
- roll out dough to 3/4" thickness.
- cut into 8 (2") biscuits, place 1" apart on cookie sheet.
- bake for 10 to 14 minutes or until lightly browned.