Prep 10 mins
Cook 14 mins
Warm flaky, melt in your mouth biscuits. Land-o-Lakes Cookbook
Make and share this Flaky Buttermilk Biscuits recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup shortening
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk
- heat oven to 425*F.
- in large bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt. cut in shortening until crumbly.
- stir in buttermilk just until moistened.
- turn dough onto lightly floured surface; knead until smooth.
- roll out dough to 3/4" thickness.
- cut into 8 (2") biscuits, place 1" apart on cookie sheet.
- bake for 10 to 14 minutes or until lightly browned.
Excellent recipe! I joined so I could make a comment. Very easy and came out perfect..I took a hint from another recipe and PATTED down the dough rather than ROLL it and they came out the flakiest I ever made! Great job!
These were great. I rolled mine out too thin and got 12 biscuits instead of 8. So mine weren't as tall as they should have been, but still very fluffy. Loved the light buttermilk flavor.
THANK YOU!!!! I have had so much trouble finding a recipe for biscuits that wasn't bland or tough. This recipe was GREAT! I had to bake them a little longer than listed, but I just kept an eye on them and they turned out great! I cut the recipe in half since it is just me, and I can't eat 8 biscuits, and I had to add just a splash more buttermilk to get the dough to hold together, but that might have just been in my math. :) Thanks for posting!