Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Think coleslaw is boring food? This five-spice BBQ coleslaw makes for delicious anytime food - and is suitable for any vegetarian barbecue guests. To make sure the coleslaw is crunchy, dress it just before you're ready to serve.
- 1⁄2 white cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 8 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cucumber, halved, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 6 scallions, shredded
For the dressing
- 4 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 lime, Juice of
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- Put the cabbage, carrots, radishes, cucumber and scallions into a large bowl. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Mix all the dressing ingredients together in a bowl. Toss with the coleslaw ingredients just before serving.