Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Found the recipe in the Coles magazine. I will be making this over Easter.
- 4 mandarin oranges
- 50 g butter
- 500 g firm white fish, cut into 4 fillets
- 2 imperial mandarin oranges, peeled and segmented
- 2 tablespoons snipped dill
- Finely grate rind of 1 mandarin.
- Juice 2 mandarins and set aside. Peel and segment the remaining 2 mandarins and set aside.
- Melt butter in a non-stick frying pan on medium and add the rind and swirl to combine.
- Lightl season fish (optional) and cook the fish for 1-2 mins each side, until golden and cooked through remove fish and drain on kitchen paper. (Keep fish warm).
- Reheat butter in pan. Add juice and simmer for 30 secs.
- Add mandarin segments and dill, swirl to warm through. Top fish with mandarin and dill Sauce.
- Serve with chips and salad.
We loved this recipe; it tastes so good and is quick to prepare. From start to finish it took 20 minutes to put this on the table. My store didn't have fresh mandarins, so I grated the rind of an orange and used canned mandarins. The recipe calls for seasoning -- I used a little salt and pepper, and also a pinch of onion powder. The dill is key to the sauce. It adds a light tangy flavor that went well with the tilapia I used. This is a great recipe, and I like to find one like this that tastes so good and still lets me get dinner on the table in a short amount of time when we lots to do later. We'll be enjoying this again, and thanks for sharing this recipe, Tisme.