Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
This is a Family recipe and we don't just have it on Christmas we also have it on thanksgiving other holidays or whenever we feel like it!
- 1 cup solid-pack pumpkin (you can use canned but fresh is better)
- 1 cup apple butter
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger (to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 (9 inch) pie crusts (2 if you want a top on it)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees,.
- Combine filling ingrediants (Pumpkin, Apple butter, eggs, evaporated milk) in order given.
- pour into pie shell.
- Bake 50--60 minutes or until knife inserted two inches from the center comes out clean.
- combine streusel ingrediants (Brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, salt)top pie with streusel,.
- bake for additional 15 minutes.
- Serve warm!
- Tip: very good with Vanilly ice cream or whipped cream.
LunaStar, I have yet to make this, but rest assured I will. This sounds so delicious, and I have an abundance of fresh pumpkin, and I love the addition of apple butter. I can't wait to taste it. Thanks!