Recipe by Gordy Belin
This is from a friend and buss. associate of mine who is a retired fireman. He used to fix this for the fire crew when his turn to cook came around. Very quick, Very easy, Very tasty. Feel free to play around with this and alter as you wish it lends itself well to modification.
Top Review by normakuisle
This was really good. Surprising with so few ingredients! The only change I made was to sprinkle the fish with garlic powder. oops, there was a substitution. I didn't have monterey jack , so used some sharp white cheddar. Definitely a keeper.
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 lb ocean white fish fillet (fillet of sole works very well)
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) can whole green chilies, ortega type
- 8 ounces shredded monterey jack cheese
- butter or margarine, as needed
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small casserole dish, place a small amount of butter.
- Layer the fish fillets in bottom of dish, single layer only.
- Broil under very high heat for approx 4-5 mins or untill fish is done to personal satisfaction.
- Remove from oven and layer the green chilis over fish.
- Then spread Jack cheese over the chilis, and fish.
- Return to oven just long enough to melt cheese.
- Serve with your favorite side dish.