Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is from a friend and buss. associate of mine who is a retired fireman. He used to fix this for the fire crew when his turn to cook came around. Very quick, Very easy, Very tasty. Feel free to play around with this and alter as you wish it lends itself well to modification.
- In a small casserole dish, place a small amount of butter.
- Layer the fish fillets in bottom of dish, single layer only.
- Broil under very high heat for approx 4-5 mins or untill fish is done to personal satisfaction.
- Remove from oven and layer the green chilis over fish.
- Then spread Jack cheese over the chilis, and fish.
- Return to oven just long enough to melt cheese.
- Serve with your favorite side dish.
This was really good. Surprising with so few ingredients! The only change I made was to sprinkle the fish with garlic powder. oops, there was a substitution. I didn't have monterey jack , so used some sharp white cheddar. Definitely a keeper.
Agree completely with Ginny Sue. This was a definite no hassle way to prepare fish. Used 1 1/2 lb fish that had been defrosted. Half was prepared as recipe stated, the other half I used diced green chilies (quite a lot, actually, as my one sister is gaga about green chilies), and cheddar cheese. Still tasted terrific. Thnx for posting Gordy.
Great fish recipe when you need something quick with no hassle. We enjoyed this alot.