Recipe by CrystalB
The sauce for these ribs is so tasty, you'll be licking your fingers and the plate! This would make a great barbeque sauce for most everything. The recipe comes from the Chatelaine Cookbook.
Top Review by Brydell
I used this recipe as a guideline. everything came out great I simmered the ribs in water with a quartered onion, garlic, salt, and pepper. then to the sauce I used all your ingredients plus some paprika, apple cider vinegar, chili powder, a couple shakes of hot sauce, and brown sugar. the sauce was fantastic and it glazed on to the ribs perfectly. I did just as the recipe said and turned often basting with sauce every time i turrned them. thanks we enjoyed them.
- 6 lbs back pork spareribs
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄3 cup liquid honey
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut ribs into 8 to 10 portions and place in a heavy saucepan.
- Cover with water and boil gently (covered) for 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until tender.
- To make sauce, stir remaining ingredients together.
- Brush ribs with sauce and barbeque over hot coals.
- Turn often, basting with sauce, until hot and glazed, about 8 to 10 minutes.