This recipe is so nice and creamy. It came from a Bisquick cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (10 ounce) package cut frozen asparagus
- 1/4 cup margarine or 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup Bisquick baking mix
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese or 1 cup American cheese (4 ozs.)
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked smoked ham
- 1For Puffs:.
- 2Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- 3Heat water and margarine to boiling in 1 1/2 quart saucepan.
- 4Add baking mix, all at once.
- 5Stir vigorously over low heat until mixture forms a ball, about 1 1/2 minutes.
- 6Remove from heat; beat in eggs, one at a time.
- 7Continue beating until smooth.
- 8Drop 6 mounds of dough at least 3 inches apart onto aluminum foil-covered cookie sheet.
- 9Bake until puffed and dark golden brown, 25 to 30 minutes.
- 10Cool 5 minutes before removing from cookie sheet.
- 11Carefully remove from cookie sheet; cool completely.
- 12Cut off tops of popovers with serrated knife.
- 13For Filling:.
- 14Cook asparagus as directed on package; drain and reserve.
- 15Heat margarine in 2 quart saucepan over low heat until melted.
- 16Stir in baking mix, mustard, salt and pepper.
- 17Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is smooth and bubbly.
- 18Remove from heat; stir in milk.
- 19Heat to boiling, stirring constantly; boil and stir 1 minute.
- 20Reduce heat; stir in cheese until melted.
- 21Add mushrooms; cook until wilted, about 2 minutes.
- 22Stir in asparagus and ham; heat through.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Filled Popover Puffs With Ham-asparagus Filling
Serving Size: 1 (242 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 383.8
- Calories from Fat 254
- Total Fat 28.2 g
- Saturated Fat 9.7 g
- Cholesterol 137.3 mg
- Sodium 703.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 14.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: