Recipe by tiffykat
Quick and savory way to make filet mignon or prime tenderloin! Goes great with any sort of creamy potato dish. My mom found this recipe and gave it to me, it's the first meal I ever made for my husband when we first met! It's an attention getter.
- 8 beef medallions (you can also use 4 bacon-wrapped pieces of filet mignon, 6-oz each) or 8 beef tenderloin steaks, beef tenderloin tournedos, about 3 ounces each (you can also use 4 bacon-wrapped pieces of filet mignon, 6-oz each)
- seasoned salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 4 large fresh mushroom caps, quartered
- 8 artichoke hearts, precooked and sliced (frozen or canned)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup red wine
- chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Salt and pepper meat and pan-saute in butter until half cooked.
- Then add mushrooms, artichokes, garlic and wine and let simmer to desired degree of doneness. Do not overcook.
- Serve 2 medallions (or 1 filet mingnon w/out bacon) per guest, with mushrooms, artichokes and sauce spooned over.
- Garnish with chopped parsley.