Quick and savory way to make filet mignon or prime tenderloin! Goes great with any sort of creamy potato dish. My mom found this recipe and gave it to me, it's the first meal I ever made for my husband when we first met! It's an attention getter.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 beef medallions (you can also use 4 bacon-wrapped pieces of filet mignon, 6-oz each) or 8 beef tenderloin steaks, beef tenderloin tournedos, about 3 ounces each (you can also use 4 bacon-wrapped pieces of filet mignon, 6-oz each)
- seasoned salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 large fresh mushroom caps, quartered
- 8 artichoke hearts, precooked and sliced (frozen or canned)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4-1/2 cup red wine
- chopped fresh parsley
- 1Salt and pepper meat and pan-saute in butter until half cooked.
- 2Then add mushrooms, artichokes, garlic and wine and let simmer to desired degree of doneness. Do not overcook.
- 3Serve 2 medallions (or 1 filet mingnon w/out bacon) per guest, with mushrooms, artichokes and sauce spooned over.
- 4Garnish with chopped parsley.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Filet Nino
Serving Size: 1 (311 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 460.3
- Calories from Fat 257
- Total Fat 28.5 g
- Saturated Fat 16.5 g
- Cholesterol 105.8 mg
- Sodium 1007.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.2 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 25.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: