kyle martin's Note:
fantastic presentation method that matches the unforgetable taste
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces filet mignon
- 3 ounces demi-glace
- 1 sliced portabella mushroom
- 4 destemmed shiitake mushrooms
- 4 porcini mushrooms
- 1 ounce marinara sauce
- 1 potato cake
- 2 slices tomatoes, seasoned with olive oil,salt,pepper and oregano
- 1/2 fennel bulb, caramelized
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 1/2 cup merlot
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1Season filet with salt and pepper.
- 2Heat 1 tblsp olive oil in saute pan.
- 3Sear filet on both sides approximately 2 minutes each.
- 4Finish in pre-heated 350 degree oven until desired doneness.
- 5In another pan, heat oil and saute sliced fennel until brown on all sides.
- 6Remove and reserve.
- 7Add mushrooms to pan and saute until soft.
- 8Add merlot and deglaze pan.
- 9Add demi-glace and heat to a boil.
- 10Turn off heat and swirl in butter.
- 11Adjust seasonings.
- 12place potato cake in center of plate.
- 13Slice filet into three portions.
- 14Layer one piece on potato cake.
- 15Top with with sliced, grilled tomato and fennel.
- 16Repeat steps and top with last piece of filet.
- 17Spear with rosemary sprig.
- 18Laddle sauce around edge of plate.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Filet Napoleon
Serving Size: 1 (403 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1192.2
- Calories from Fat 811
- Total Fat 90.2 g
- Saturated Fat 31.7 g
- Cholesterol 190.2 mg
- Sodium 430.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.6 g
- Sugars 9.9 g
- Protein 49.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: