Recipe by amid
Weird, huh? Found this recipe online (this is from justfruitrecipes.com) while searching for something savory to do with fresh figs. I'll try it soon, but would love to know if anyone's heard of this outlandish combination. First course? Dessert? You decide.
- 12 figs
- 4 eggs, hard boiled
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil, fresh
- 2⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup oil
Directions See How It's Made
- With a spoon or fingers, make a crater in the side of each fig.
- Chop eggs finely, add cinnamon, salt and basil to eggs and blend in well.
- Stuff each fig with some of the egg mixture. Lightly dredge each fig in flour.
- Saute in heavy skillet in hot oil for 4 - 6 minutes, until golden brown.
- Serve warm.