Fig, Walnut, and Chunky Chip Sugar Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350°; lightly butter two large baking sheets or line them with parchment paper.
- In a big bowl, cream the butter using an electric mixer.
- Add in the sugar; beat until light and fluffy, scrapping down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula as needed.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition; add in the vanilla; beat until blended.
- Sift the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt together in another bowl; gradually beat the flour mixture into the butter mixture on low speed, just until combined; finish combining with a rubber spatula.
- Add in the figs, walnuts, and chocolate; stir just until blended.
- Using a heaping tablespoon, drop the batter onto the prepared baking sheets, placing the cookies at least 2 inches apart.
- Bake until the edges of the cookies are golden and the tops are set (13-15 minutes); cool slightly on the cookie sheet before removing to a wire rack to cool.