1 hr 10 mins
I used skinless chicken for these,it worked quite well, but had to use the string to keep together. wonderfull taste and look great!! Woman's world
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red apples or 1/2 cup finely chopped green apple
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery (, with some leaves left intact)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onion
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 2 tablespoons margarine, divided
- 2 cups day old rye bread, cubed
- 1/2 cup finely chopped california dried fig
- 1/4 cup pine nuts or 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 egg white, slightly beaten
- 3 large boneless chicken breasts (about 2 1/2 lbs, with skin)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1In a nonstick frypan over medium heat, briefly saute apple, celery and green onion with poultry seasoning in 1 tablespoon of margarine.
- 2In a bowl combine bread cubes, figs, pinenuts and egg white with sauteed mixture.
- 3Place each chicken breast, skin side down, between 2 pieces (16 inch long) plastic wrap.
- 4Pound to 1/4 inch thick with rolling pin (flatten to about 9x7 inches),remove from wrap.
- 5Form about 3/4 cup filling into 6 inch long mound along 9 inch side of chicken piece.
- 6Tuck in ends and roll up tightly.
- 7Secure with toothpicks and/or string.
- 8Arrange, seam side down, on rack in aluminum foil lined baking pan.
- 9Combine remaining margarine and honey, brush half over chicken rolls.
- 10Bake at 375 degrees for 40 to 45 minutes, until chicken is tender and golden brown, brushing once with remaining margarine-honey mixture.
- 11Cool 5 minutes.
- 12Remove toothpicks and string and cut crosswise into slices.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fig Nut Chicken Roll-ups
Serving Size: 1 (105 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 248.4
- Calories from Fat 130
- Total Fat 14.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 46.4 mg
- Sodium 104.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 10.3 g
- Protein 17.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: