Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Licor 43 a Spanish liqueur which has 43 complex ingredients and matches very well with figs is included in this recipe. The vanilla is right up front then citrus and herbs and spices that are a secret. Shh!! To keep this Spanish you can use Spanish figs but any well work. I made a step x step directions and photos on making Vanilla Fig Preserves here http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=226477. A guide if you need. ;)
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 lbs figs, washed and quartered
- 1⁄4 cup bottled lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup Licor 43
- In a large pot place sugars, the figs, lemon juice,.
- Stir to release juices it will be thick. Simmer over low heat stirring not to burn. Juices will come and when it does raise heat to high stirring most of the time.
- When it hits a rolling boil for 15 minutes all the time stirring add liquor cook 1 minute.
- Pour into sterile jars leaving 1/4 inch head space and process 10 minutes.
- Optional : for those that like it smoother without chunks you can blend thee figs before adding to sugar or use an immersion blender while cooking.