Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Just like the name says- this is my home remedy for the "Mama, I don't feel so good" blues. Try it for yourself. What have you got to lose? oh ya... you can lose the stuffy nose, scratchy throat, coughing your head off crud! Feel better soon!
- 16 ounces hydrogen peroxide
- 1 lb epsom salts
- 20 drops eucalyptus oil
- Fill tub with the hottest water you can tolerate. It is best to soak for 20 minutes so don't make it unbearable but do make it hot.
- Add peroxide and epsom salts and stir to dissolve. If you don't have the exact amounts just add what you have and go from there.
- I like to sip some hot tea, lemonade, ginger ale or a hot toddy while I am soaking away the ickyness. So grab something soothing to drink.
- Get in the tub and add the eucalyptus oil.You can totally skip this part but it does make you breathe easier. You can also add any others that make you feel good. Try peppermint, lavender, etc --
- Relax, get comfy and soak for at least 20 minutes.
- When you do get out of the tub, dry off with some fluffy towels and stay warm. Climb into bed and get a good rest.
- Hope you feel better!
This helped SO much. After about a week of a really bad cold, I was feeling pretty icky. So I decided to turn to Mama for some help. (Doesn't everybody wish they had a Mama when they are sick?!) Mama took good care of me. This bath helped me feel so much better. I felt better all over my body. I could breath better and didn't feel as achy. Thanks so much for this Mama! I knew I could count on you!