Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I have no idea where the name came from, but the recipe is from The Fiddlehead Cookbook; recipes from Alaska's most celebrated restaurant (located in Juneau). This recipe will serve 6 as a main course or 12 as an appetizer.
- 16 ounces fettuccine
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic (4 large cloves)
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped green onions (1 large bunch)
- Bring large pot of water to boil over high heat.
- When water is boiling, drop in pasta and boil until al dente.
- Drain and set aside.
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, heat butter and garlic.
- Stir and cook until butter has melted and garlic is aromatic.
- Add cooked pasta and smoked salmon.
- Using a fork or pasta tongs, stir until pasta and salmon are hot and well mixed.
- Add heavy cream.
- Cook, stirring frequently, until cream begins to thicken.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese and green onions.
- Transfer to serving dish and serve at once, with additional cheese if you like.
ZWT4: Yummy!! This is the ultimate comfort, feel-good food!! Easy to make - followed the directions!! Thank you!!!